Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Saddened by These - 2

Tender: Charcoal Grill Chicken Tender

Classification:  Upscale

Date & Time: 8:30 PM, Thursday November 14, 2013

Intro:  The Charcoal Grill in Burlington, WI is known for decent food.  Figuring that this place would fall into the upscale category, I couldn't stay away from ordering the tenders.  What ensued was pure disappointment.

The Order:  At a $6.99 price point, I knew my supply of tenders would be sufficient.  To go with the tenders I also ordered a side of fries to go along with the the 2 dozen bacon wrapped water chestnuts my crew had coming.  As always, I ordered a side of ranch to accompany the tenders.



The Meal:  The disappointment began as soon as I received my tenders.  Their dark brown color immediately led me to believe they had been over cooked.  The disappointment was encouraged by the fact that my tenders were served on plate by themselves.  The restaurant should certainly have included the tenders in the basket that contained perfectly golden waffle fries.



These were some of the worst tenders I've ever experienced.  Extremely crusty, dry, and flavorless is describing them nicely.  I found myself dipping these tenders very deep into the ranch sauce which ran out after only 3 of my six tenders.  My foul mood prevented me from ordering another side of ranch from the waitress.  I found myself considering revising the scoring system to include 0 tenders.....a thought I never thought I would have.

I found myself chugging through the tenders so that I could finally eat something pleasurable.  Though sick by the time the tenders were gone, I devoured the perfectly golden and crispy french fries.  The real star of the meal was the bacon wrapped water chestnuts.  They were served in a pool of some sort of Asian sauce that was other worldly.



Charcoal Grill Chicken Tender Score:  

Outer Layer - 2/10 

Chicken - 3/10

Overall - 1 Strip Basket

These tenders probably deserve a 0, but 1 tender will hold you over until your water chestnuts arrive.  No one should have to experience these tenders.  The water chestnuts are the go to option on the Charcaol Grill's menu. I would recommend a burger, water chestnuts, wrap, pizza, and even a salad before the tenders.  Even if the restaurant was out of all the other food and all they had was tenders, you would be better off going hungry.


 A Nugget on the McNugget:  At the Beijing olympic games, Usain Bolt ate an estimated 1,000 McNuggets in the 10 days he spent there.

<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js?client=ca-pub-2267241166453059"
     crossorigin="anonymous"></script>

2 comments:

  1. seriously, a fucking side salad beats these things out? I find it hard to believe that these can even be thought of as a tender if a salad sounds more desirable

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not that the salad beats out these tenders. Its the fact that when ordering a salad, you know you will be disappointed in your decision when it arrives. When you order tenders your looking for fun, excitement, and an all around good time. These tenders will dash your hopes and dreams, and most likely throw you into a shame spiral. Keep dippinemdeep SirCharles.

    ReplyDelete